When Halloween comes around, there’s really nothing better than setting aside all your run-of-the-mill recipes and baking some spooky and whimsical treats just for the little ghouls and ghosties in your life!
Whether you need to whip up a batch of cupcakes for aHalloween haunted bake sale, or you’re just throwing the most excellent party to celebrate this sugar-sweet holiday, you can’t go wrong with some adorable cupcakes that are totally on theme.
With that in mind, we’ve put together three cute and simple ways to jazz up those plain old cupcakes from the box, and give them plenty of trick-or-treatworthy pizzazz!
Check out the instructions below!
- Food coloring
- Candy corn
- Decorative icing
- Chocolate chips
- Paper baking cups
- Mix food coloring into white frosting and frost cupcakes.
- Stick candy corns into frosting, points up.
- Use decorative icing to make monster eyes.
- Using white frosting, frost cupcakes as normal.
- On top of first layer, squeeze more frosting to make ghost shape.
- Add chocolate chips for eyes.
- Frost if desired, then place a toothpick in the center of the cake.
- Roll one baking cup into a cone, and cut a round hole in a second to make an O shape.
- Place cone on top of toothpick and settle O shape around the cone.
Enjoy!Check out the video below for more detailed instructions, and don’t forget toSHARE with friends and family who love this holiday too!